Re: Hiding <script> and CDATA

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 19:17:32 GMT
On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 12:23, Bill Moseley wrote:
> So, my question is: How to deal with CDATA?  Are there times when you want
> to index CDATA and other times when you don't?

Well, I think one would always want to search CDATA unless there's a
good reason not to search it.  One good reason to ignore CDATA might be
scripts known not to contain significant embedded content.

Would it be feasible to selectively search CDATA based on the container
tag?  I'm thinking an exclude or include list such as this (naming could
be better ;-):

# Exclude CDATA within script and style
NoCDATA script style

--