Re: Electronic Data Management System

From: John Elser <jElser(at)not-real.ck8.uscourts.gov>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 16:41:13 GMT
Your job would be much easier if you could get the daily press to give you
the press copies in pdf format.  Either way, once the documents are in pdf
format, then Swish-e will do an excellent job for you.  You can set up
Swish-e so that you can search for articles in a particular date range or
search for a key word or phrase.  You can control the results page so that
the user can see what the article contains, etc.

I've researched at a lot of search engines (we were even willing to purchase
an engine), and for a few different reasons, we decided that Swish-e was the
best for our purpose.  We index only pdf files and the searches are fast and
accurate.  A couple of the reasons we decided to use Swish-e are: 1) able to
search by date range, 2) able to search for phrases, 3) ease of
installation, 4) good support (thanks Bill).

If you decide to use Swish-e, download the developmental version.  It is
much better that the previous version.

Hope this information helps.

John