Re: Index specific list of files

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 15:18:16 GMT
At 01:21 AM 01/11/02 -0800, Frank Heasley wrote:
>>If you mean -S prog, sure.  That's exactly how it works.  You write a
>>program to fetch file files (records, URLs, whatever) and feed them to
swish.

>Suppose my prog was something that simply read a file that was a list of
>filenames.
>
>How, exactly,  would that syntax work?  And,  would it work with v 2.05?

Nope, you need a 2.1-dev to use -S prog.

You can still write hundreds (or more) of "IndexDir" directives to your
config file.  If you were using 2.1 you could also use IncludeConfigFile
directive to make things even easier.

Stepping back, how do you get this list of files in the first place?  What
generates them and how are they selected?

BTW -- you would be happier if you moved to 2.1-dev.
mailto:moseley@hank.org