Re: SWISH-E is hanging

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 20:00:23 GMT
On Fri, 2002-01-04 at 09:54, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Sorry, I take it back.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that....  ;-)

Bill, have you tried this on Windows?  Might be worth a shot.

> So, we are back to square one, which was that URL I posted, asking for your
> version, config file, and a sample doc that shows the problem.
> If that doesn't isolate the problem into a few small
> files then you will need to zip-up all the files you are indexing and put
> them someplace where I can download them.

Rafael, could I also get a copy of the index file that hangs?  Or would
it be too large for you to send?

There was a problem like this once before.  It was in the indexer.  You
could create an index on Unix and it would search fine everywhere.  But,
an index created on Windows would hang on certian words.  I'm wondering
if we don't have something similar.

> Then if I can't duplicate the problem after all that, then maybe David N.
> can try it in Windows, and if it hands, run a it in his debugger.

It might be a few days, I'm afraid.  I lost yet another (second in two
weeks) Western Digital hard disk.  My system disk is nothing more than
an expensive hockey puck at this point.  Once I get VMWare reinstalled
I'll have a look.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/