Re: NoContents of files with no extension

From: Gerald Klaas <gklaas(at)not-real.arb.ca.gov>
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 17:51:09 GMT
Bill,
---start my 2 cents---
I would vote for adding IndexOnlyMatch to accept regex,
much like the Apache directives Redirect vs. RedirectMatch
where Redirect is a general wildcard and RedirectMatch
uses a regex.

My reasoning isn't so much for preserving backward
compatability, but rather to keep it easy to have a "basic"
configuration file that journeyman programmers can
understand.   IMHO, programmers that haven't learned the
power of regex (yet) will be confused by a directive
that contains something like
IndexOnly /^\/here\/(.*)\.htm$/
instead of
IndexOnly .htm

Even though the first may be more accurate to what needs
to be done, the second may well work for the situation.
---end my 2 cents---

Gerald