Re: NoContents of files with no extension

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 15:42:22 GMT
At 06:48 AM 12/19/2001 -0800, Jonathan Feldman wrote:

>I am looking to index file names only without contents
>
>So i have a long NoContents list. But there are a number of files
>that come up which have no extension. As these are not listed
>under the NoContents directive they are indexed by contents.

That's one of the problems with those file extension-based directives.

First, can you suggest how you would like or expect it to work?  What would
the directive look like?

If you are using 2.1, in the prog-bin directory is a file called
DirTree.pl.  You can use a modified version to scan your file system and
just index the file names.  You can actually send a "No-Contents:" header
along with the document to not index the contents.  The only reason to use
such a thing would be to let swish pull out the title from the document.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org