Indexing Stopped

From: John Elser <jElser(at)not-real.ck8.uscourts.gov>
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 19:16:44 GMT
I'm indexing my pdf files using the following command:  /usr/local/swish/swish-e -e -c /usr/local/swish/opinion.conf -T properties

Normally, it takes about an hour to complete my index.  But this time, I added the -e to my command.  It runs about an hour and 15 minutes, then it just stops. It has been sitting here for about an hour doing nothing.  My temp index files looks like they are about the right size compared to my last created index files.   I see the process running by doing a ps -ef | grep swish, but the date/time stamp on the temp files are from about an hour ago..  Have you ever seen the indexing process just stop?  Here is where it stopped.   I guess I should kill the process and start over....or does anyone have any better suggestions? I wonder if I should remove the -e next time.

Removing very common words...
  Getting IgnoreLimit stopwords: Complete
35 words removed by IgnoreLimit:
a, circuit, appeal, before, from, for, court, district, by, in, is, no, submitt
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
Sorting 137332 words alphabetically
Writing header ...