Re: Merging Indexes

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 19:44:05 GMT
At 11:33 AM 12/06/01 -0800, John Elser wrote:
>I'm attempting to merge 2 index files.  I created them both with the same
conf file (except that I changed the index file)

Wasn't this just discussed? ;)

I'll be the answer to this question is: Don't merge.

>To create the index.incremental, I ran: swish-e -c
/usr/local/swish/swishi.conf -N /usr/local/swish/full_swish_index  -T
properties
>full_swish_index is a file that I touched after running the full index.
>
>To create the swish.index, I ran: swish-e -c /usr/local/swish/swish.conf
-T properties

One is swishi.conf and the other is swish.conf.  Do the have different
WordCharacters settings?

The headers are stored in the index, so it checks to make sure that they
match up.  It used to be that the WordChars were merged, but not they must
match.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org