Re: swish.cgi

From: Alex Lyons <ajlyons(at)not-real.sercoassurance.com>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 09:56:07 GMT
Bill,

> I'm thinking about spending a few hours (few, ya right) rewriting
> the CGI script that is included with the distribution.  Now's the
> time for comments or suggestions.

I'd be interested to see if you could duplicate the functionality of
your current swish.cgi Perl script (snippet highlighting, sorting by
property, etc) using the SWISHE module interface rather than forking the
swish-e executable.  I've done a basic search.cgi using SWISHE, and was
going to try to enhance it with some of these features from your
swish.cgi, but I haven't had the time, yet.  Using the SWISHE module
might solve some of the fork/exec problems you appear to be concerned
with on Windows (I wouldn't know - I'm a Unix man :)

Alex.

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you
are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or disclose such
information.

Serco cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any attachments are free
from viruses.

Serco Group plc. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2048608
Registered Office: Dolphin House, Windmill Road, Sunbury-on-Thames,
TW16 7HT, United Kingdom.