Re: The word "CGI"

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 19:23:31 GMT
At 11:05 AM 12/03/01 -0800, John Elser wrote:
>I'm using the swish.cgi that came bundled in the November 30 snapshot.
Before I search on a word, the word "CGI" is in my search box.  Any idea
how to get rid of this text?  I can't seem to find the code in the
swish.cgi script.  Before I do a search, I have to remove the CGI letters
and then type my search word.

Hi John,

This sounds very familiar -- maybe there's something in the archives about
it.  I think it has to do with some version of CGI.pm.  Specifically, it
has to do with the way some utility functions are called.  Sorry, I can't
remember the specifics.

I think it has to do with the way the utility function is called.  For
example,

   CGI->escapeHTML  vs.  CGI::escapeHTML

so, look at the script and search for CGI->* or CGI::*  and try swapping.
And let me know which it is.  My version of CGI.pm doesn't seem to exhibit
this behavior.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org