Re: catdoc Win32... (long filenames fixed)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 18:18:28 GMT
On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 06:30, Bertus Douma wrote:
> Great! I'll try it and return my results. Yet I found also an alternative option
> form the doc-conversion: WV-ware (http://www.wvware.com/) but the problem

I believe that's the filter used by AbiWord.  In which case, it's not
bad but it's not great.  I've used it a bit and ended up with mangled
text and missing paragraphs when opening OLE documents.

> with that I think (when trying to using it and reading some WV-doc stuff) is you'll
> need cygwin (unix-windows??) libraries to get it run. And I am not able to get it

I try to avoid anything that uses the CygWin32 Unix Emulation
libraries.  However, CygWin32 is fairly usable, albeit slow, if you have
no alternative.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "I once went to the store to buy a computer but
   the salesman tried to sell me windows instead..."