Re: catdoc Win32... (long filenames fixed)

From: Bertus Douma <BDOUMA(at)not-real.chn.nl>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 13:23:40 GMT
Hi David,

it works well. I've tried it now and seem to be working fine. The work-around in
the command-file isn't necessary anymore so I am very pleased.

At the moment I don't know it is the most reliable and complete solution; however word-doc
are added on the index so I am very happy. And in case I get aware of bugs I will 'ring the bell'.

Greetings,

Bertus Douma

>>> David L Norris <dave@webaugur.com> 12/02/01 05:21AM >>>
I've compiled catdoc natively for Win32.  Supports long filenames and
such.  There may be bugs with some features.  Let me know how to
reproduce them if you find a bug.  I'm posting this binary in case
someone might find it immediately useful.

Install this wherever you want:
  catdoc DOS
    ftp://ftp.ice.ru/pub/vitus/catdoc-0.90.3.zip

Then replace catdoc.exe with this one:
  catdoc Win32
    http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/catdoc.exe

I'll post sources at some point once I've taken the time to port it
properly.  For the moment, I hacked up the DOS-specific code enough to
fix filename issues.

I might put together a filters add-on package to use with SWISH-E for
Windows.  Anyone have any filters to suggest for inclusion in the
package?  (Probably want to stick with GPL/LGPL, but, any ideas are
welcome.)  My thought is that I could write out an example config file
containing entries for the installed filters.  Maybe folks wouldn't have
so much trouble getting the correct entries.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "I once went to the store to buy a computer but
   the salesman tried to sell me windows instead..."