Re: Problem with foreign characters

From: Zambra - Michael <michael(at)not-real.zambra.com>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 19:19:48 GMT
Hello Bill,

it's great to hear from one of the Swish-developers!
Thanks for your detailed reply.

> The WordCharacters setting is missing the .  I think that's a mistake.  I
> have to look at ISO-8859-1 chars for another project, so I'll try to
review
> Swish-e's default wordcharacter settings.

Great. Before compiling I had modified config.h in order to suit it to my
needs, and included "". But it didn't work (I don't know why).

# WordCharacters:
0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz?fSOZsozY

I added the following directives to the config file:

WordCharacters  .abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
BeginCharacters abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
EndCharacters   abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

but that didn't work either. Strangely enough, version 2.0.5 had worked
perfectly.

The explanation about the search results ("Camarn" being actually indexed
as "Camar" "n" makes much sense. Thanks.

Adding the WordCharacters directive should solve the problem, shouldn't it?
The problem

Saludos,

Miguel