catdoc Win32... (long filenames fixed)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2001 - 04:21:49 GMT
I've compiled catdoc natively for Win32.  Supports long filenames and
such.  There may be bugs with some features.  Let me know how to
reproduce them if you find a bug.  I'm posting this binary in case
someone might find it immediately useful.

Install this wherever you want:
  catdoc DOS

Then replace catdoc.exe with this one:
  catdoc Win32

I'll post sources at some point once I've taken the time to port it
properly.  For the moment, I hacked up the DOS-specific code enough to
fix filename issues.

I might put together a filters add-on package to use with SWISH-E for
Windows.  Anyone have any filters to suggest for inclusion in the
package?  (Probably want to stick with GPL/LGPL, but, any ideas are
welcome.)  My thought is that I could write out an example config file
containing entries for the installed filters.  Maybe folks wouldn't have
so much trouble getting the correct entries.

 David Norris
  Dave's Web -
  Augury Net -
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
  E-Mail -

  "I once went to the store to buy a computer but
   the salesman tried to sell me windows instead..."