Re: Using catdoc/xpdf in WinNT environment

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 00:18:46 GMT
At 01:21 AM 11/30/2001 -0800, Bertus Douma wrote:
> 2) catdoc to convert word doc's. But it doesnt work well because it is
> limited to 8.3 filenames I discovered:

Are you using this version of catdoc?
  http://www.ice.ru/~vitus/catdoc/

Appears to be a DOS and Unix program with no Win32 port.  And, it
doesn't seem to have been developed for several years.  Should be
trivial to port to Win32.  I'll look around and see what I can find.

Maybe I can find a better filter.  OpenOffice is LGPL and has excellent
Office 2000 convertors.

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/

  "I once went to the store to buy a computer but
   the salesman tried to sell me windows instead..."