Re: Using catdoc/xpdf in WinNT environment

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 14:57:26 GMT
At 01:21 AM 11/30/2001 -0800, Bertus Douma wrote:

>To create the index I use 2 filters for indexing:
>1) xpdf port to windows for the pdf files. The trick to using it is in making
>the appropriate bat-file to get rit of the single quotes you get with the
>passing of the filename argument. Maybe there is an other solution but

http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Document_Filter_Directives

You can tell swish what quotes to use.   See if that works.

FileFilter .pdf  c:\phpdev\www\swishe\filter-bin\pdftotext.exe  '"%p" -'

I would think that a .bat file might really slow down indexing.  (So please
let us know your findings!)

>2) catdoc to convert word doc's. But it doesnt work well because it is
limited to 8.3 filenames I discovered:

Wow, that's amazing.  You might try contacting the author of catdoc about
that.

Sorry, but someone else will have to help with the batch file issues.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org