-x option broken in 2.1-dev-24-2001-11-27 ? SymbianUK05/Symbian(Release 5.0.8 |June 18, 2001) at 11/29/2001 09:11:15 AM, Serialize complete at 11/29/2001 09:11:15 AM

From: Malcolm Box <malcolm.box(at)not-real.symbian.com>
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 09:13:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use the swish.cgi script with additional property names.
 However, the additional properties always display as "NULL", so I set
about trying the swish-e command directly to check if the right info is
being fed in.

If I run:

swish-e -p "DocumentSource" -p "DatabaseName" -c
./swish/swish-e-2.1-dev-24/prog-bin/notes.conf -w alan

I get the returned matches including the DocumentSource and DatabaseName
properties (both defined in notes.conf).
However, if I run:

swish-e -c ../swish/swish-e-2.1-dev-24/prog-bin/notes.conf -x
"<DocumentSource>\t<DatabaseName>" -w alan

I simply get (NULL) (NULL) returned as the search result.  From my
reading of the docs, this should return the same two strings and were
returned in the first version.

Here's the relevant bits of the conf file:

# Swish config file
# Fetching options
IndexDir ./spider.pl
SwishProgParameters notes-programming-conf.pl

# Indexing options
StoreDescription  HTML  <body> 1000
DefaultContents  HTML
PropCompressionLevel 9
MinWordLimit 3
UseStemming yes
IndexReport 2
IgnoreWords
/home/malcolm/swish/swish-e-2.1-dev-24/conf/stopwords/english.txt

# Some meta information fields
MetaNames DocumentSource ParentView DatabaseName
PropertyNames DocumentSource ParentView DatabaseName

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug in the handling of
non-built in properties?

Cheers,

Malcolm

Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01796587 and registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HF, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@symbian.com and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occuring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.