Re: PropertyNames not working in 2.1-dev-24

From: Julian Perry <jules(at)not-real.limitless.co.uk>
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 11:56:32 GMT
Bill

Thanks for you help, various points noted.

The thing that actually fixed the problem was
forcing use of the libxml2 parser.  I guess I'm
happy with the fix, but surely it should have
worked with the other parser (in the ideal world
what we all live in)!

> Use -S prog spider.pl for a faster spider.

I've tried that, and I've got a pretty recent
version of perl5 (5.6.1) and I've loaded all
the modules that seem to be required - but I
still can't get it running:
    Name "HTML::Tagset::linkElements" used only once: possible typo at ./swish-spider.pl line 503.

and then a bunch of:
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./swish-spider.pl line 509.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./swish-spider.pl line 509.
    Use of uninitialized value in hash element at ./swish-spider.pl line 509.

Any thoughts?

Another problem, and I've been looking at this
on 2.1-dev-24 because it's been a long-standing
problem with 1.3.2, I get a Bus Error from swish
when building an index.

Can you suggest the best set of command line
options to help debug this?  Failing that I
guess I'll be looking at running under GDB.
It fails towards the end, as I remember.

I used to get problems when there were invalid
characters in HREF's - i.e. single quotes, is
swish particularly sensitive to things like
that?

Thanks for any assistance.
--
Cheers