Re: Bolding search items on indexed page

From: SRE <eckert(at)not-real.climber.org>
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 23:46:16 GMT
At 02:21 PM 11/12/01, Bill Moseley wrote:
>For that to work the source has to be split
>up just like swish indexes, stopwords removed, source words stemmed,
>matches up with the query, and then put back together.

But wait - doesn't the index already contain a word position
of some sort? That would reduce the problem to just counting
words properly, not all the stemming and matching. I am
interested in this thread because I really HATE getting
back search results in which I can't find the thing I was
looking for. Commercial search engines do that all the
time because they've found meta content and you can NEVER
highlight that without turning the tags into new content.

SRE

mailto:eckert(at)not-real.climber.org | http://www.climber.org/eckert/
Info on peak climbing email lists mailto:info@climber.org

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world:
the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
  -- George Bernard Shaw