RE: Filters on WinNT - filter options

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 16:34:24 GMT
At 05:37 AM 11/09/01 -0800, Rainer.Scherg@rexroth.de wrote:
>To accept this, getword() [string.c] has to be altered in one line:
>
>>    if (*s == '\"')
>>        quotechar = *s++;

I just rewrote the entire function.  It had code that looked for a
backslash to escape things, but I couldn't see how it actually did anything.

It's in CVS now.

One thing I'm not clear about is the backslash processing for formatting
the filter options, Rainer.  If you wanted a backslash in a parameter
passed to your filter you would need to do:

       "backslash \\\\this"  -> "backslash \this"

You need two \\ for getword, but then you need two for filter option
process, from my quick look.  I guess that's the way it has to be since
[options] are a sprintf-type string.  Right?

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org