Filters on WinNT - filter options

From: Klaus Hollenbach <hollenbach(at)not-real.scholze.de>
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 08:47:10 GMT
I'm using the FileFilter in Swish-e v.2.1 dev.24 (on WinNT 4.0) as
described in
http://swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Document_Filter_Directives

I use pdftotext.exe to index pdf-files, so my FileFilter-directive looks
like this:

FileFilter .pdf pdftotext.exe "%p -"

When pdftotext comes across a pdf-file contanining blanks, it won't
execute unless it gets fed with the filename enclosed in double quotes
(").

Is there any way to tell swish-e to pass the filename in double quotes?
I tried the following:

FileFilter .pdf pdftotext.exe ""%p" -"

but the filename seems to arrive in single quotes (') at pdftotext,
since pdftotext complains that it cannot find 'filename with
blanks.pdf'. Is swish-e translating double quotes (") to single quotes
(') in the file filter directive? Can that be avoided?

--
Klaus Hollenbach
SCHOLZE Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH