Re: Filters on WinNT

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 14:27:08 GMT
At 05:52 AM 11/6/2001 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:

>So, can you use !# in Win32?  Or do you have to say:
>
>FilterDir .pdf "perl pdftotext.pl %p"

Oh, that's a typo.  The quotes are in the wrong place.  Should be three
arguments, the extension, the program and the command.

But, I just tried on WinME.

C:\>cat c
FileFilter .html c:\perl\bin\perl "test.pl %p howdy"

C:\>cat test.pl
#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
use strict;
print STDERR join "\n", 'Args:', @ARGV,'';
print "wordhello\n";

C:\>swishe -c c -i test.html
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "test.html"
Args:
test.html
howdy
wordhello
Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
err: No unique words indexed!
.

So, it's running the perl script.  It's also trying to access my floppy for
some reason.  But the "wordhello" isn't getting back to swish.

I'm also unable to get -S prog to work.

I tested the other day by building a cygwin version of swish and was able
to get both filters and -S prog to work, so maybe there's an issue with the
version built by the microsoft compiler.

Dave, can you help?

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org