Re: Filters on WinNT

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 14:27:08 GMT
At 05:52 AM 11/6/2001 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:

>So, can you use !# in Win32?  Or do you have to say:
>FilterDir .pdf "perl %p"

Oh, that's a typo.  The quotes are in the wrong place.  Should be three
arguments, the extension, the program and the command.

But, I just tried on WinME.

C:\>cat c
FileFilter .html c:\perl\bin\perl " %p howdy"

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
use strict;
print STDERR join "\n", 'Args:', @ARGV,'';
print "wordhello\n";

C:\>swishe -c c -i test.html
Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Indexing "test.html"
Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
err: No unique words indexed!

So, it's running the perl script.  It's also trying to access my floppy for
some reason.  But the "wordhello" isn't getting back to swish.

I'm also unable to get -S prog to work.

I tested the other day by building a cygwin version of swish and was able
to get both filters and -S prog to work, so maybe there's an issue with the
version built by the microsoft compiler.

Dave, can you help?

Bill Moseley