Re: Autoswish incorrectly claims to create index

From: Andrew L. <apdl(at)not-real.bigpond.com>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 02:51:16 GMT
Hello all,

To anybody interested in the (or a) solution to the question I earlier put to
the Group (similar questions have previously been asked by others
[archives] but remained unresolved): configure & make swish on the same
system it'll be run on.  Probably seems obvious to most and I know previous
commentary has suggested using at least the same distribution of linux.
Nevertheless, I've proven to myself that it is not necessarily satisfactory
to configure & make swish on one machine, before transfering it to another,
even when using a "similar" distribution of linux.  Some functions of swish &
autoswish may still operate, but the outcome isn't necessarily predictable.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew L