Re: New Feature, Bug, Wish List for new version

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 01:17:44 GMT
At 02:58 PM 10/23/01 -0700, Joseph Ferner wrote:
>     - fix "free/abort undefined, assuming extern" warning when compiled
>in VC6.0

>From which file(s) are these warnings coming?  What version of SWISH-E
was used when making these comments?  How was it compiled with MSVC?
Using the provided project files or something else?

Guessing: regex.c is generating the warnings.  It's the only file which
calls free() and abort().  It's also about the only file that generates
warnings...  This is, technically, not our file.  I really have no clue
of it's origins.  So, I hate to go hacking on it.  Personally, I'd
rather find and use a better regex library.  Same goes for dirent.

MinGW32 has a regex library included with the Unix-to-Win32 porting
support files.  I'll check into it.

Anyone know of a good (Unix-compatible) regex library for Win32?
License needs to be GPL compatible so we can bundle it, IMO.

How about all of the above on Win32 and VMS?  I'm concerned that maybe
the same issues are present on VMS since it shares much of this same
code with Win32.  Bill, anyone, any idea about compile warnings on VMS?

--
 David Norris
  Augury Net - http://augur.homeip.net/