Re: New Feature, Bug, Wish List for new version

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 22:19:01 GMT
At 02:58 PM 10/23/01 -0700, Joseph Ferner wrote:

You didn't mention what version you are currently using.

>1. New Feature: Add the ability to define what is and what is not html
>in the config file.
>     I have ran into this problem while indexing .jsp files
>remotely...The title tag
>     and all other html tags are not read. fs.c->ishtml(filename)

In swish you assign a parser to a file extension with the IndexContents
directive.  Is that what you mean?

http://www.swish-e.org/2.2/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#item_IndexContents

>2. Bug: When doing a remote index, the index file becomes corrupt when
>an attempt to
>     index http://someserver/ with no file name is made.

Can you give an example of this?  I don't see why that would happen, but I
use -S prog with spider.pl, not -S http.

>3. Wish List:
>     - An exclude directory list.

There's FileRules dirname.  Is that what you mean?  For spidering if you
use spider.pl you have complete control over what is and isn't indexed
using perl's regular expressions.

>     - fix "signed/unsigned mismatch" warnings received when compiled in
>VC6.0

There's a ton of those.  I tried fixing those one day but caused more
problems than fixed.  I tried moving everything to unsigned char, but then
I had more warnings than when I stared....  If you would like to volunteer
for that task, well that would be great.

>     - fix "free/abort undefined, assuming extern" warning when compiled
>in VC6.0

Don't know about that one.  Can you be more specific?

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org