Autoswish incorrectly claims to create index

From: Andrew L. <apdl(at)not-real.bigpond.com>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 13:11:23 GMT
Hello all,

I was wondering whether anybody knows of a solution to the following problem.

I have had swish & autoswish working OK in my environment (Pentium II
computer, RedHat6.1 & Mandrake 8.0).  The problem comes after I upload swish
& autoswish to a web site, when I don't seem to be able to get autoswish to
proceed beyond creating the config file.

The versions I use are:
	swish-e-2.0.5
	autoswish1.0

Procedure used:
1) Swish-e-2.0.5 and autoswish1.0 compiled on a RedHat6.1 Linux system: OK

2) FTP transfer (ASCII)  of files & web site to the target domain on an
Apache server running RedHat6.2: OK

3) Use of autoswish to generate config file for the web site:  OK

4) Use of autoswish to generate the Index file for the web site:  Problem.
Despite the program reporting that indexing has been successful, there is
actually no
index generated.  The result I get when indexing the web site at the location
is:

	"AutoSwish: Automatic Index Creation

	Your Files Were Succesfully Re-Indexed

	Command: /home/domain/html/domain/src/swish-e -c
/home/domain/html/SWISH-E/swish/cantor.conf
	Index file in directory /home/domain/html/SWISH-E/swish
	Go to the Search Page
	Choose another configuration file?:"

This contrasts the result obtained when indexing the same site on my own
computer.

	"AutoSwish: Automatic Index Creation

       Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
       Indexing /home/localdomain/html/demo/ype..

       Checking dir "/home/localdomain/html/demo/ype"...
       demo.html (4 words)
       demo2.html (43 words)
       demo3.html (49 words)
       demoFlip.html (2 words)
       demoFlip2.html (14 words)

       In dir "/home/localdomain/html/demo/ype/christine":
       demo.html (28 words)
       demo4.html (70 words)
       demoFlip.html (8 words)

       Removing very common words...
       1 word removed.
       0 words removed not in common words array:

       Writing main index...
       Computing hash table ...
       Writing header ...
       Writing index entries ...
       Writing stopwords ...
       108 unique words indexed.
       Writing file index...
       Writing file list ...
       Writing file offsets ...
       Writing MetaNames ...
       Writing offsets (2)...
       10 files indexed.
       Running time: Less than a second.
       Indexing done!

	Your Files Were Succesfully Re-Indexed

	Command: /home/domain/html/domain/src/swish-e -c
/home/domain/html/SWISH-E/swish/cantor.conf
	Index file in directory /home/domain/html/SWISH-E/swish
	Go to the Search Page
	Choose another configuration file?:"

Anybody got any clues about what might be causing this problem on the target
site, but not on my own computer ?

Andrew L.