file locations question

From: Chuck Renner <crenner(at)not-real.dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 04:49:54 GMT
I've just started to play around with SWISH-E with the goal of using it as
the search engine for our web site.  It's built and I've been playing around
with creating an index with the filesystem method and doing some
command-line queries.  I have the following questions that I haven't come
across in docs or FAQ:

1)  I've got the swish-e binary in /usr/local/bin/swish-e, and I've got the
config file in /etc/.  For use as a web search engine, where is the best
place to stick the index file?

2)  Ok...just one question then...I just answered the second one myself..