prog, header & Content-Length

From: Andrea Baruzzo <baruzzo(at)not-real.dimi.uniud.it>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 12:01:43 GMT
Hi.
I tried to use the prog access method using =
swish-e-2.1-dev-22-2001-10-04 on Solaris 5.8. I write a Java program =
that writes the content of HTML files to standard output, and headers =
for that files, too. This is what my Java program outputs to standard =
output (from first "Path-Name... " to last "...</html>").

Path-Name: http://somewhere/doc1.html

<head>
  <title>Document1</title>
</head>
      This is the text pippo.
Path-Name: http://somewhere/doc2.html

<head>
  <title>Document2</title>
</head>
   This is the text pluto.

Swish-e correctly invokes my Java program using a small script I wrote, =
but it says:

Indexing Data Sources: "External-Program"
Indexing "my_script_that_invokes_my_Java_app"
err: External program failed to return required headers Path-Name: & =

Where is the error?

I need this to index single URLs and not entire web sites without =
downloading each file...

TIA,

    Alan Felice, Andrea Baruzzo

to a plain text message.