Re: searching never ends with HTTP created index

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 22:45:04 GMT
At 03:08 PM 09/27/01 -0700, Rick Dietz wrote:
>I am using version 2.0.5 running on a Linux box.
>
>I am able to create an index specifying the HTTP method.
>
>I am able to perform searches against this index and get results, however
>for some search terms the results are never returned.  In fact the process
>appears not to end.  It maxs out CPU usage and continues to run and run and
>run.
>
>If I create an index specifying the FILESYSTEM method, all searches work.

That's odd.  There shouldn't be any differnce between the two methods,
unless you are indexing different files.

Can you get a small set of files together that demonstrates the problem?

While you wait for another answer you might try the development version and
see if it happens there.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org