Re: Only searches for keywords on a line?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:26:34 GMT
At 10:03 AM 09/26/01 -0700, E.K. Lee wrote:
>Is there a way to search for keywords on only a line? For example, here's
>the text:
>
>This is a test.
>How are you doing.  This is cool
>
>If searching for 'test' and 'cool', the result is positive since both
>keywords are found on the same page.  However, if I am only wishing to look
>for 'test' and 'cool' on the same line, then I should come up empty.  So
>far, I don't see any command line option for this.

No.  Swish-e does not record line numbers.  Swish-e's main use is probably
to index html pages, where there's no concept of lines.

There is talk about improved ranking where word proximity is taken into
account, and that would help.

Another addition, that might not be that hard (I'm guessing), is to have a
NEAR operator, and maybe even specify the max number of words away.

  -w test NEAR 4 cool

So test must be within four words of cool.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org