indexing word pairs

From: AusAqua <ausaqua(at)>
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 10:36:36 GMT
Hi all,

A very brief question for the group.  Just wondering if there is a way to
instruct swish to index a couple of words together in a phrase.

I am aware that I can index the individual words contained in phrases and
then use a search form to find documents in which they both occur, or could
place them in quotes in a search form, to get an exact match.  However, I
would actually like to get swish to treat words paired in a format such as
"documents-new" or 'documents-old', etc.  as a unique string that it indexes
as it appears.  I have tried indexing such words pairs contained in my
documents in the formats shown below, but have had no success in keeping
them together; swish seems hellbent on teasing the words appart & indexing
them separately.

So is there a character that I could use to "join" two (or more) words
together so as to get swish to index the "joined" word as a single string or
as a single word ?

I'm using:
linux redhat 6.1
I'm indexing the content of the various MetaName sections of .html files, as

Andrew L.

to a plain text message.