swish-cgi.pl returns 0 items

From: <bentlam(at)not-real.mac.com>
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 23:51:31 GMT
Hello all,

RE: swish-cgi.pl authored by John Millard

I have successfully indexed and searched via command line a group of
locally stored HTML files, but apparently am unable to configure the
swish-cgi.pl Perl script to search.

Under Mac OS X 10.0.4 I've installed the script inside the
/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables  and successfully set the execution
file attribute via chmod.

When I invoke http://localhost/cgi-bin/swish-cgi.pl from my browser, the
Search Form appears, complete with fully operational drop down menus and
checkboxes.

However, performing a Start Search command results in a  Your Search
Results page (all properly HTML-formatted) with '0 returned items.'

Now, I've verified that the index that is pointed to in the script is
the same file that gives me non-zero results when I search via command
line, so I'm certain the index file is not corrupt.

Just in case, here are my user defined configuration variables:

# Absolute path and command to execute the SWISH searcher
    $swish = "/Applications/swish-e/swish-search-MacOSX";

# URL of where you put this cgi
    $swishcgi = "/cgi-bin/swish-cgi.pl";

# Optional parameters to pass to the SWISH searcher
    $params = " ";

# Absolute path and filename of your created swish index file
    $index = "/Users/bentlam/Documents/LAT/docs-
staging/documents/index.swish-e";

Please help,
Ben Lam
Diamond Bar, California