Re: Windows Interface for Windows Exec

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 01:01:40 GMT
On 14 Sep 2001 07:24:00 -0700, Eric Haymaker wrote:
> Has anybody succeeded in getting one of the available perl scripts to
> display search results from the Windows Executable version  Swish-e
> 2.1-dev-22?

Have you made sure the executable works from a shell?  I ran into some
trouble with it myself.  I ran into segfaults, I suspect are related to
the XML parser, on Windows 2000.  Many have gotten it to work, though.
I'm not clear on the exact difference and debugging in MS VC++ can be
rather tedious.

Just as a note, I've been holding off releasing Windows executables
because the internals are changing (for the better, IMO) considerably
and the dependencies are becoming more complex.  My general plan is that
when it's all working well on Unix then worry about Windows.

--
 David Norris
  ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039