Rule of thumb conf file

From: <CONDLEJ(at)not-real.chplink.chp.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 20:16:54 GMT
I have got Swish-e up and running.  Now it is time to learn how to get the most
out of it.  When setting up the conf file are some basic rules to follow.  I
have set most of the variables to their default settings to get things to work.
Now I want to find out where are some better ways of using it.

What I want to do is the following.  I want to setup three differerent indexs.
Two will be searched separaetly when you are in those sections.  The third index
will be a combination of the two so you can search the whole site.
I have picked the FileSystem Method for this.  What are the differences between
FileSystem and HTTP?
What does the IndexPointer directive point to?  If it is my index then I guess
my swish index files should placed in the document root.  That isn't where I put
them.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated

Joe
Childrens Hospital of Pgh