Re: Indexing of word documents, stored on a UNIX

From: Jason Birch <jbirch(at)not-real.psp.pair.com>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 04:38:00 GMT
On Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:21:16 -0700 (PDT), Bill Moseley
<moseley@hank.org> spoke:

> You look at the command used to initiate indexing and see what is used
> for the config file.  I don't see any other way to do it.

Do indices include the command line that generated them as part of
their meta data?  If not, storing this information and returning it as
part of the query results would make it easier for people assuming
existing systems to figure out where the config files associated with
each index are located.

Jason