RE: 24 hours of spidering and still going

From: FISHER,JOSEPH (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1) <joseph_fisher(at)not-real.non.hp.com>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 18:17:09 GMT
I'm a new user myself, but this is not normal...

I just installed the latest 2.1 version of SWISH-E, and I'm indexing more
than 70,000 files...

My indexing under 1.3 was taking around 20 hours...

My indexing under 2.1 is taking about 56 minutes...

(This is my largest project...)

Most of my other projects are indexing in less than 5 minutes each...

Example: 8617 files in 2 minutes, 59 seconds...

Joe Fisher