Re: Searching for special characters in a phrase...

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 19:05:56 GMT
At 11:54 AM 08/16/01 -0700, FISHER,JOSEPH (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:
>The index appeared to be working correctly, but about half way through, the
>indexing stopped with the following error:
>
>   C032945.htm - Using DEFAULT (HTML) parser - err: Ran out of memory (could
>not reallocate 173284 more bytes)!

The short answer --  add memory.

You can try using -e, but I'm not sure if that really uses less memory at
this time or not.  Merge is suppose to help with this, but again, I'm not
clear how much that helps at this moment in time (well, not at all since
merge is not currently working in the development code).

How many files?  How much RAM do you have?  How much swap space do you
have?  What does ps show right before it dies?

By the way: This is a current topic on the developer's list - how to get
around swish's memory limitations.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org