Re: Searching for a phrase...

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 23:29:44 GMT
At 07:12 PM 08/15/01 -0400, FISHER,JOSEPH (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:
>My test database was taking about 50 minutes under the old 1.3 version...
>
>If my latest indexing results are correct, it only took a little over 3
>minutes to index the exact same files as before...

Sounds about right.  I've seen twice that improvement in indexing from 1.3
to 2.1-dev.

>However, when I execute the phrase search without (') single quotes around
>the search string, I get 92 records... When I execute the phrase search
>using (') single quotes around the search string, I only get 10...

Without seeing your CGI script I can't guess what it's doing.  And it also
depends on what your WordCharacter and Ignore* settings are.

>So... How can I view the contents of those records retrieved by the
>command-line query???
>
>What is the syntax of the HTML query, that will parse the phrase query
>correctly???

Sorry, Joe.  I have no idea what you are asking.  You run swish from the
command line like:

./swish-e -w foo

And it displays the results.  I don't know what you mean by "HTML query".
I'd assume you have a CGI script that's accessing swish the same way.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org