Re: Searching for a phrase...

From: FISHER,JOSEPH (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1) <joseph_fisher(at)not-real.non.hp.com>
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 23:13:15 GMT
Hi Bill,

Ok... I found one of my mistakes...

I've re-indexed the files, and it sounds too good to be true...

My test database was taking about 50 minutes under the old 1.3 version...

If my latest indexing results are correct, it only took a little over 3
minutes to index the exact same files as before...

Could this be true???

Now, my command line and HTML interfaces are searching just fine...
(Apparently...)

However, when I execute the phrase search without (') single quotes around
the search string, I get 92 records... When I execute the phrase search
using (') single quotes around the search string, I only get 10...

This sound right, but I don't know how to view the contents of the data
records found from the command line executable, so I can't confirm that it's
correct...

I've tried using (') and (") single and double quotes in the HTML interface,
but it's still not retrieving the phrase-only records... I still get the
full 92 records...

So... How can I view the contents of those records retrieved by the
command-line query???

What is the syntax of the HTML query, that will parse the phrase query
correctly???

Thanks in advance, and have a great day...

Joe Fisher