Re: example/swish.cgi && mod_perl?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 17:56:40 GMT
At 10:44 AM 8/15/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>  I am working with SWISHE 2.1 dev 22, Apache/1.3.20 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26,
>and using the Perl script found in the
>example folder.
>I am trying to get this to run under mod_perl but it gives me an error;
>
>[error]Can't locate SwishSearch.pm in @INC
>[error] Undefined subroutine &SwishSearch::handler called.
>
>None of the paths listed in @INC are the path where swish.cgi exist.
>This is what my httpd.conf looks like;
>
><Perl>
>  use lib '/usr/local/web/apache/cgi-bin/';
>  require "swish.cgi";
></Perl>
></IfDefine>
><location /search>
>    allow from all
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler SwishSearch
></location>

Hum, looks ok.  Maybe you don't have <perl> sections enabled??  The require
should load it into perl at server startup.  Can you do a
http://foo/perl-status and look at the loaded modules to see if it's
getting loaded?  perl-status can be a big help when debugging.  It will
show @INC, too.  Make sure you kill the server and start -- don't just -HUP
or -USR1 it.

Maybe the <IfDefine> isn't working (add a statement that you know will
cause an error and try restarting the server).  And I suppose error_log
didn't give any hints either.

>I also tried running the script via Apache::Registry

Don't run it as a Registry script.  It works fine as a handler -- I've had
too many weird problems with Registry scripts.

>Also does the DateRanges.pm really exist?

http://hank.org/modules, I believe.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org