Question Building Index on Solaris 2.7

From: <CONDLEJ(at)not-real.chplink.chp.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 18:30:04 GMT
I have downloaded and installed swish-e-2.0.5 on a Sun Ultra Sparc running
Solaris 2.7.  I made the binaries with the default configure.  Using my own
config file I am trying to build and index of my site using the FileSystem
method.  The problem it took 2+ hours to build the index.  I get the message
                 Removing very common words....  I finally killed the process.
I commented out the line IgnoreWords File: to see if that would help.  It is at
the same point and has been running for about 45 minutes.
How long should I wait?  Is this too long?  Could I have a config parameter set
wrong?

Joe Condle
Prog/Analyst
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh