Re:Problem in merging in Swish-E 2.1-dev20

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 14:20:20 GMT
At 03:53 AM 8/2/2001 -0700, Sundaram Balasubramaninan wrote:
>When we tried to use 2.1-dev20, it seems the merege
>has some problem.

>Also advice us whether, can we switch to the new
>2.1-dev, since we have a collection of 100,000
>documents.

Merge is currently broken in 2.1-dev.  It's next on the list of things to fix.

If you have lots of memory then you might be able to index all 100,000
files in 2.1-dev without merge in a reasonable amount of time.  I posted
yesterday an indexing job of 23,000 files that took four mintes, so that
might work for you.  But if you need merge, then you will need to wait.

Someone will post here when merge is functional in 2.1-dev.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org