Re: Msg: Cannot write to swap file. by use of -e

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 14:17:35 GMT
At 02:12 AM 7/31/2001 -0700, zvd014 wrote:
>if I use the -e Option, I get the message
>"err: Cannot write to swap file".
>What can be the reason for this?

Don't know.  That code should be reporting back what the OS thinks is the
problem.  Note that under unix TMPDIR is set in config.h as /var/tmp.  Do
you have write access there?

Within the last month or so much of the indexing code got a rewrite and now
*not* using -e many indeed work better that using it.

I'm not clear if -e does any good at this point.

>Write to TMP is possible and enough Diskspace is available.

Keep in mind that /tmp under SunOS is sometimes setup as tempfs, which uses
virtual memory instead of disk.

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org