RE: Is Swish-e Unicode "Aware"

From: David Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 18:17:19 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001 04:46:30 -0700 (PDT), Rainer.Scherg@rexroth.de said:
>  But this doesn't mean that you cannot index this file.
>  You need an external filter, which maps these file(s)
>     to ISO 8859-1, Ascii, HTML or XML
>  Currently I have no pointer to such filter software at hand.
>  If you find one, please be so kind to notify us.

Does GNU recode support converting UTF16 to ASCII or HTML?  That would be my
first try since many systems have recode installed by default.	It certainly
can read UTF16 but there may not be a path to HTML or ASCII.

--
  David L Norris
    ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039

"I would never belong to a club that would have me as a member!"
					  - Groucho Marx