RE: Is Swish-e Unicode "Aware"

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 11:46:30 GMT
Currently swish cannot handle unicode (UTF16) files.
Even if we had done some first modules with unicode support, it still
will take some version until swish can handle unicode.

But this doesn't mean that you cannot index this file.
You need an external filter, which maps these file(s)
   to ISO 8859-1, Ascii, HTML or XML

Use e.g. FileFilter directive or "prog" method to include the filter.
(The latest develop version of swish has an improved filter
 cmdline handling included)

Currently I have no pointer to such filter software at hand.
If you find one, please be so kind to notify us.

cu - rainer