last modified date in swish-e index file

From: Steve McMillen <stevemc(at)not-real.real.com>
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 01:49:06 GMT
It would be very helpful to be able to have the last modified date in
the index file that swish-e generates.

In my case I would like to be able to just report that information to in
the search results since it helps the user decide relevance of the
document.

I guess this is a feature request unless anyone has done any such
modifications on swish-e to achieve this that they would be willing to
share.  Seems like it would be easy to add the last modified but I'm not
a c programer and I got lost looking through the source.

cheers!
Steve McMillen