Re: Making swish hilight words in search results

From: Bill Meier <bill(at)not-real.insulators.com>
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 21:34:14 GMT
At 05:22 PM 05/16/01, Philip Mak wrote:
>On Wed, 16 May 2001, Bill Moseley wrote:
>
> > >Has anyone written code for making SWISH hilight words in search results,
> > >when the documents being indexed are just simple plain text files?
> >

> http://sunsite.berkeley.edu:4444/SWISH-FAQ.html#How_do_I_make_swish_highligh
> > t_wo
> >
> > Let me know if that helps or is just confusing ;)
>
>I've read that part of the FAQ, but I was hoping that someone had already
>written code for doing that (it should be relatively simple to hilight
>search words in plain text files, as opposed to HTML files).
>
>If not, I guess I'll have to whip something up myself.

I don't know where the original source is, but there is a Perl CGI jacket
for swish called query.pl that attempts to do some of this. It's not
perfect, but it tries :-)

I use a modified version of it, and its "good enough" for most cases, at
least for me!!

Bill Meier
Glass Insulators Webmaster
http://www.insulators.com