RE: SWISH, SSL, Linux

From: <Rainer.Scherg(at)not-real.rexroth.de>
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 14:55:28 GMT
[CC: to global swish mail list, IMO better place]

- SSL on swish:
  No, swish itsself does not support SSL. (no requests so far)
  But the http spidering is done via a perl program currently.
  You could adapt swishspider.pl to your needs.

- Swish on Linux:
  Runs fine and fast on Linux, on Sun Solaris, too...

- Files from an IIS server
   Yes,
    - if you can use a netshare  (indexing method: filesystem):  faster
    - if you want to spider (indexing method: http) also possible, but
      slower (of course)
    - if you want to use other methods (what ever this may be),
      you could use the indexing method: "prog", to fullfill your needs
      by including own retrieval methods into swish.

cu - rainer