RE: Truncate error

From: <info(at)not-real.trustboxes.com>
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 16:59:59 GMT
Thanks for yours. I am calling query.pl (from surfutah.com) from my html swish-e search form. The section of query.pl that attempts to implement -w truncation function is:

# build the command string
$command = "$swishexec -f \"$array{'swishindex'}\" -w \"$array{'keywords'}\"";
if ($array{'maxresults'} ne "") {
  $command .= " -m $array{'maxresults'}";

As to swish-e version, I see patches through 1/98 in various files, but I have not been able to spot a version number.

To answer to this problem, you need to specify more information.

What swish version do you use?
What does the swish cmdline (especially "-w") looks like?

cu - rainer

> I am using Swish-e to index my web site, using the html
> search form. All
> works well, except truncate. If I enter keyword admin*, I get
> administrative and the like. However, if I enter keywork
> resid*, I get no
> result, even though keyword residual gets several hits. Any
> suggestions
> what may be causing this uneven performance of the truncate function?
>
> Thanks from a newbie
>
> - Peter Young

Peter S. Young
ssas@ssas.com Received on Wed May 9 17:01:44 2001