RE: Indexing over 1,100 files

From: <jmruiz(at)not-real.boe.es>
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 11:28:18 GMT
Hi,

Old 1.X versions have severe design problems that can make the
index procces terrible slow with large lists of files. They use a very
slow linked list approach to store word's data in memory. I have
fixed it for 2.X versions.
There are other performance problens in 1.X that have been also
fixed. Eg: Wildcard search.

cu
Jose